Search This Blog

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Perfect in your relationship to Christ

There is a verse in Paul’s letter to the church in Colosse that describes my mission as a pastor here on the South End of Whidbey Island. Paul said: We tell others about Christ, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all the wisdom God has given us. We want to present them to God, perfect in their relationship to Christ. That's why I work and struggle so hard, depending on Christ's mighty power that works within me. (Colossians 1:28-29 NLT)

I want to do my part to warn and teach you so that you will be presented to God, perfect in your relationship with Christ. That is really the mission of a pastor. To do everything that is possible to help people grow and mature so that their relationship with Christ becomes everything that God has planned for their relationship to become.

Sometimes a pastor has to warn someone. A warning might sound something like this: The choices you are making right now are not going to help you, your marriage, your family or your future. The choices you are making are dangerous and may very well lead to some very negative consequences.

Most of the time a pastor teaches people. I love teaching God’s Word to people. I love talking to people one on one about their spiritual journey and helping them understand God and God’s Word. I love talking to groups about the Word and how it applies to our life and relationships.

I count it as an honor and privilege to help people in their journey with Jesus towards maturity. Thank you for giving me the honor of warning you and teaching you. I want to help you grow so that you will be perfect in your relationship with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment