Search This Blog

Friday, November 2, 2012

Soul Care is Hard Work

Over the recent weeks we’ve been digging into the idea of Soul Care. We’ve looked at how the soul is the merging of all the various parts of life. The soul is the integration of my mind, emotions, heart, will, conscience, desires, impulses, people, memories, intuition, strengths, weaknesses, successes, failures … The health of a soul can be measured by looking at how well the components of life are working together . Likewise, the lack of health of a soul can be measured by looking at the dis-integration of each of the components of life.

Jesus said: What does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his soul?
What does it mean to ‘lose my soul?’

If my soul is the integration of all the parts of my life then losing my soul is the dis-integration of all the parts.

Soul Care is hard work. Soul Care is looking at every aspect of life and how all the parts are merging . If I’m going to care for my soul, I can’t just look at one or two or three areas. Soul Care is looking at all the areas and the integration or dis-integration. Most people don’t want to look at their soul. Most people don’t want to ask the question that I’ve challenged you to ask. “What is this doing to my soul?”

It is said that Christopher Columbus stated: You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.

You and I can never ‘cross’ the soul unless we have the courage to lose sight of the ‘shore’ of how our soul has worked or not worked up to this time.

Are you willing to lose sight of the ‘shore’ of how your soul has functioned and ‘cross the ocean’ to a new life of a greater integration of your soul?

With this in mind we’ve been asking – What is this doing to my soul?
With this in mind we’ve been praying – Jesus, Integrate my soul!

This week the question changes a little – “What is this doing to THEIR soul?”
The idea: What is my life doing to the soul of people in my circle?

No comments:

Post a Comment