Search This Blog

Friday, February 14, 2020

"THINK" before you speak or post

The practices of social media posting by famous, infamous and average people is, at times, troublesome and shocking. I try hard to think through what I post on social media. I use a variant of an adage when I’m writing “Think what you will say but don’t say everything that you think.” I changed it for my purposes to “Think what you will write but don’t write everything that you think.”

I also refer to the acronym “THINK” that my daughter shared with me to use when posting on social media. (It’s a great filter for face-to-face conversations and relationships.)

T … Is it TRUE?
H … Is it HELPFUL?
I … Is it INSPIRING?
N … Is it NECESSARY?
K … Is it KIND?

“Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, THINK about these things.”
Philippians 4:8 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment