Search This Blog

Monday, December 19, 2022

I Need Wisdom

Jesus' brother James wrote to first century disciples: "If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking." James 1:5 (NLT) Another translation put it this way: "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him." James 1:5 (ESV) I look to and rely heavily upon the truth and promise of James' statement. It is one of the foundation stones that I've tried to build my life on. Our world, nation, communities, and families grow more complex each week. Questions are being asked that we've never had to answer before. New conflicts arise daily. Many of these issues can be paralyzing. I feel a greater need for wisdom today than ever. If I don't receive wisdom and understanding, I can't lead like I know I need to. I need wisdom to respond to circumstances and situations appropriately. The good news is that God gives wisdom! I've experienced it over the years. You've experienced it. The moments when wisdom was needed and God gave it, taught us about ourselves, others, and life. Where do you need wisdom? Wisdom is available for the asking. The times I decided, reacted, or acted inappropriately are times when I didn't ask for wisdom. Because I didn't ask, I didn't receive it. If any of you lack wisdom … ask our generous God, and He will give it to you! Lord, I need wisdom! I need it as a husband, father, grandfather, pastor, and community member. Thank you for being generous and never hesitating to give wisdom. Bring it on Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment