Search This Blog

Saturday, September 11, 2010

ReDiscover Church

ReDiscover Church

In your bulletin today is an invitation for you to utilize as you invite others to come to SWAG for our next teaching series. The invitation is labeled ‘ReDiscover Church’ as an encouragement to those that have dropped out of church as well as for those who have never had a regular routine of gathering with others in a church setting.

Recent surveys reveal that somewhere in the neighborhood of 150,000 people drop out of church every weekend across the country. There are all kinds of reasons why people decide to drop out of church or never begin in the first place.

Some of the most common reasons are:
• I don’t believe in organized religion.
• I have my own way of connecting with God.
• I get tired of the church always ask for money.
• My life situation changed and I just never went back to church.
• I don’t have to go to church to be a good person.
• I’m too busy and Sunday is my only day of rest.

October 3rd will start a new teaching series that I want to encourage you to invite those in your circle of friends, co-workers, co-commuters, neighbors, family and business associates to join you for the series. The series is called “Portraits of Jesus.” Each of the teachings will be a glimpse into who Jesus is directly from his description of who he is. My hope is that you and those you invite to join you will see Jesus in ways that he may not have been seen before.

Oct 3rd we are going to kick off the Portraits of Jesus series with breakfast and one service at 10:00 AM.
We will continue our normal service times of 8:30 and 10:30 on Oct 10th.

Next week we will have booklets available that might help those that you are spending time with think through ReDiscoving Church. Please pray and consider who to invite and then invite them.

No comments:

Post a Comment