Search This Blog

Monday, March 15, 2021

The BIGNESS of God

I have been thinking about the BIGNESS of God this week. When a person’s view of God is accurate, it impacts every other area of a person’s life. If I view God incorrectly, I cannot help but perceive my importance and the importance of others inaccurately. 3,000 years ago, King David wrote about his view of God. “When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them?” Psalms 8:3-4 (NIV) David was pondering the universe, galaxies, stars, and the moon, and he realized how insignificant people are. My paraphrase of the question David posed to God: “You are so big and what you’ve created is so vast, why would you ever think about us?” When I understand how big God is, it puts me in my place. He’s big, I’m little, and I’m the same size as everyone else. I’m no bigger than anyone else, I’m no better than anyone else, and I’m driven to see others appropriately. I’m driven to be “mindful” of others and “care” for them. If God is GREAT BIG and is mindful of others and cares for others, surely those made in His image should do the same. “Who among the gods is like you, LORD? Who is like you—majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders?” Exodus 15:11 (NIV) Is it any wonder the Scriptures describe Moses as “a very humble man, more humble than anyone else?” Moses’ view of the grandeur of God seeded humility in his life. I want a clearer view of the awesomeness of God! God, Help me see you clearly. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment