Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

The Name That Is Above All Names

Years ago, when I first started following Jesus, someone gave me a poster of Jesus’ names. I had it hanging on the wall of my first apartment in Renton. After working and usually playing some basketball, I would lie down on my bed and there was the list of Jesus’ names. I read them over and over. Soon they became part of my vocabulary in worship and prayer. Over time, I located each of the names in the various books and letters in the Scriptures. Jesus’ names have become part of the inner framework of my soul. Here are some of those names. I encourage you to read them slowly. Don’t skim over them. Jesus, Christ, Emmanuel, Son of God, Son of Man, Wonderful, Prince of Life, Counselor, Almighty God, Savior, Lord, Master, Friend, Prince of Peace, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Alpha and Omega, Beginning and End, Author and Finisher of our Faith, the Good Shepherd, Shepherd and Overseer of our Souls, the Gate, the Gatekeeper, the Vine, the True Vine, Lion of the Tribe of Judah, Bread of Life, the Way, the Truth, the Life, Lamb of God, AMEN, Beloved Son, Cornerstone, Creator, Deliverer, Everlasting Father, Holy One, I AM, King of the Jews, Light of the World, Man of Sorrows, Messiah, Morning Star, Passover Lamb, Living Stone, Prince of Life, Redeemer, Resurrection and Life, Offspring of David, Rock of Ages, Our Great God and Savior, Rose of Sharon, Root of David, Son of the Highest, Word, Nazarene, Word of God, Advocate, Lord of Heaven, the Physician, Bridegroom, Rabbi, Master, Living Water, High Priest, Teacher, Servant, Captain of our Salvation, Faithful and True Witness, Lily of the Valley, Fairest among 10,000, Living One, Ruler of God’s Creation, the Stone the Builders Rejected, Head of the Church, Mediator, Fountain of Living Water, the Bright and Morning Star, the Image of the Invisible God. Jesus has many other names and titles. I encourage you to take some time and meditate or think about the names and titles of Jesus. Looking up and reading each of the names and titles in their context in Scripture would encourage and feed you. Your thinking about Jesus’ names and titles will breathe life into you. There is no one like Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment