Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Fear Not

The chaos of the world has become a powerful breeding ground for fear. I get glimpses of fear in the eyes of men, women, young people, and children. People are in fear when they are alone and when they are in groups. People are fearful of the world financial situation, loss of freedoms, war in Europe, ability to get goods, the next court ruling and the political turmoil in Washington D.C. I talk to people that have no reason to fear. Life is up and to the right. They don’t have financial worries; their health is stellar, their family is healthy and beyond functional and yet they worry about some things or everything collapsing. Out of fear, people don masks and hide from each other. The mask keeps people from revealing their true feelings, opinions, and values. Relationships never become what they should be. God regularly commands His people to not be afraid but to be strong and courageous. God desires His people to be free from fear. Fear holds people captive and keeps them from becoming who He wants them to be and living the flourishing life Jesus spoke of. Jesus said, “I came to give life--life in all its fullness.” John 10:10 (NCV) The way to live the life Jesus plans is to focus on the greatness and sovereignty of God. Put your hand in His hand. Give Him access to your heart when you are afraid. He will breathe courage into you. Your circumstances might not change, but the grip of fear on you will loosen. “Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me.” Psalms 23:4 (NLT) “The LORD is my light and my salvation—so why should I be afraid? The LORD is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?” Psalms 27:1 (NLT) “I prayed to the LORD, and he answered me. He freed me from all my fears.” Psalms 34:4 (NLT) God is the answer to your fears. Turn everything over to Him. Spend time focusing on everything God’s Word says about fear. You’ll be encouraged and strengthened.

No comments:

Post a Comment