Search This Blog

Monday, June 20, 2022

Find Shelter In The Midst Of Life's Storms

Multiple storms are converging on the world. Their winds are creating levels of uncertainty. The clouds of racial, economic, political, mental illness, drug abuse, violence, war, family breakdown, and moral division are unleashing rain from every direction. In a storm, there is no better place to be than in the “shelter of the Most High.” Unfortunately, there is no avoiding the storms of life. Storms will wreak havoc on everyone. The big question is, “Where will you find shelter?” David included in the Psalms a song from Moses about sheltering in a storm. “Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty … He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings…. His faithful promises are your armor and protection … If you make the LORD your refuge, if you make the Most High your shelter … he will order his angels to protect you wherever you go. The LORD says, ‘I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation.’” Psalms 91 (NLT) God never promised a life without storms. He promised, “I will be with them in trouble.” Never go through a storm alone. Run into the shelter of the Most High. God will “shelter you with his wings” and “His faithful promises will be your armor and protection.” When the winds of financial uncertainty blow your way, run to the Lord. When winds of health struggles approach, snuggle under God’s wings. “Jesus, I can’t face this storm alone. I don’t want to face this storm alone, HELP! Jesus loves that kind of prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment