Search This Blog

Monday, November 15, 2021

How Great is Our Lord!

I have been meditating on the truth that God is significantly different than the people He created. Recently on my blog I noted these truths. God doesn’t see things the way people see things. God doesn’t count time the way people count time. God has no needs. God can’t be tempted and tempts no one. God doesn’t think or act like people. Here’s a few more truths. “God cannot lie.” Titus 1:2 (NCV) “There is no darkness in Him at all.” 1 John 1:5 (NLT) He does not change. “I am the LORD, and I do not change.” Malachi 3:6 (NLT) “He never grows weak or weary.” Isaiah 40:28 (NLT) “Indeed, he who watches over Israel never slumbers or sleeps.” Psalms 121:4 (NLT) God has no weaknesses. “How great is our Lord! His power is absolute!” Psalms 147:5 (NLT) You might be thinking – “SO?” God repeatedly reminded His people to “remember.” Over and over, through the prophets, He said “remember.” In the midst of topsy turvy world and as creatures who function by our senses, it is easy to forget He is not like us. I’ve heard our forgetfulness as spiritual Alzheimer’s. If not spiritual Alzheimer’s then definitely spiritual dementia. I find great solace in worshipping, loving and serving God who is consistent, honest, never changing and never sleeping. I find peace in my soul knowing I’m regularly praying to my Heavenly Father, who is above all of that is going on and who knows what is best. He’s GOD, we’re not!

No comments:

Post a Comment