Search This Blog

Monday, March 28, 2022

Rest For My Soul

The Genesis account of creation details God creating a body out of dust of earth, and then breathing into the body the breath of life. When the breath of life flowed into Adam’s body, he became a “living soul.” The soul is the integration of the outer physical man and the inner man. When the outer person is hurting, the inner person hurts too. When the inner person is hurting, the outer person often experiences the effects of the inner turmoil. King David described the connection between the inner person and the body. “When I refused to confess my sin, my body wasted away, and I groaned all day long. Day and night your hand of discipline was heavy on me. My strength evaporated like water in the summer heat.” Psalms 32:3-4 (NLT) David was experiencing physical effects because of unconfessed sin. The connection between the body and the inner person is undeniable and unbreakable. No one can escape the cause-and-effect connection. Undealt with anger produces stress. Stress produces physical consequences like hypertension, insomnia, and digestive issues. Hypertension, insomnia and digestive problems affect a persons’s emotions, ability to process information and make healthy decisions. Physical struggles impact a person psychologically, emotionally, and spiritually. David again described the soul, the connection of the body, and inner person. “Finally, I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide my guilt. I said to myself, ‘I will confess my rebellion to the LORD.’ And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone.” Psalms 32:5 (NLT) Jesus is an expert at restoring the soul. David declared in Psalm 23, “He restores my soul.” Jesus said, “Come to Him … he will give you ‘rest for your souls.’” Jesus cares about your soul. He wants you to have a healthy soul. Keep turning to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment